Food For Thought Fest 2016 celebrated the region’s food traditions which unify the gastronomic heritage of the South Asian Nations. The event was held on the 23rd and 24th of December 2016, at Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi and was divided into four parts; namely the Thought Fest, Food Fest, Fun Fest and Gastronomy Bazaar.
Renowned speakers such as Cricket Legend Virender Sehwag, Dr Pabius De Silva (Sri Lanka), Dr Rubina Husain (Bangladesh), Padma Sri Dr Pushpesh Pant, Padma Shri Chef Imtiaz Qureshi, Chef Amrita Raichand among others talked about various topics, from food in relation to fitness to the state cuisines and the food culture of India.
Cricket legend Virender Sehwag speaking about the philosophy of “Fitness through Food”.
The Thought Fest had a power-packed schedule of panel discussions with prominent speakers on various topics around gastronomy, ranging from edible flowers to sustainable food.
We also had Seema Chandra (Food Editor of NDTV and Managing Director of SmartCooky) moderated a panel consisting of stalwarts like Priya Paul (chairperson of Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels), Chef Sabyasachi Gorai (Owner of Lavaash and Mineority by Saby), and Suresh Hinduja (Food Critic and Founder of Gourmet India) on “Food and Mood”. They discussed how your current mood can trigger certain food cravings, whether your daily diet encourages a good mood or puts you in a bad mood, and foods that prime your brain for higher levels of happiness.
Covered extensively by Print, Broadcast and Online media, following are the most notable reportage:
- Associated Press (A.P) covered the event second year in a row.
Associated Press (A.P): http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/-HZ-India-Food-Festival/269f1fdc3fbda3ac8cf9f2037134e2df
Youtube link: Food for Thought Fest 2016: AP Archive
- WhatsHot.in was the Online Media Partner with extensive coverage https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154075831926975&id=372668001974 )
Whatshot.in 2016 Coverage: https://www.whatshot.in/delhi-ncr/scoop-food-for-thought-fest-c-2067
- NDTV Good Times was Broadcast Partner
The Buzz-Food For Thought Fest Youtube Link : https://youtu.be/cZf5fmryCA4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnuQCSr19rw&feature=youtu.be
A lot of Celebrity Chefs showcased their signature recipes along with Tips & Tricks in the kitchen:
Highlights of some of the most popular panel disscussions during Thought Fest:
- Maharaja Tripura, Yuvrani Kashmir, Yuvraj Rajpipla, Author Neha Prasada with Ruchira Hoon discuss the culinary heritage of royal families, challenges and opportunities : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VGcHs7QYA
- The opening session of Thought Fest with International speakers from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and India : Plenary Session : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsHVx0or2w
- Director of film Baar Baar Dekho, Nitya Mehra, in conversation with Meeta Mishra about the importance of researching food for creating authentic cinema : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDN0VHNZu0
- ” MOOD FOOD” , Panel Discussion Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xyxNeMrzE4
- Highlights of Tea Tasting Session : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ZZs6b9uN8
- Virender Sehwag in his inimitable witty style discusses his fitness mantra with Puja Talwar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHGXkJGyhM
- SOUL FOOD” a panel discussion on food that heals emotionally & physically . Vinita Dawra Nangia, Karen Anand, Chef Manisha Bhasin, Rubina Farouq, Sangeeta Khanna & Ruchira Hoon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBY1oiP65c
Abridged versions of the cookery demos by Celebrity Chefs from the Food Fest :
- Amrita Raichand : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89DWVv7Kz2E
- Nahid Osman : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfGV3mmpPGw
- Saransh Goila : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYv1gxc01NQ
- Kunal Kapoor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyAP9GLigV8&t=28s
- Gautam Mehrishi : https://youtu.be/B-07w3xYkP0
- Anahita Dhondy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCu-19LjRi8&t=2s
- Aditya Bal : https://youtu.be/JpmmEoJYu2I
- Abhijit Saha : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSwPfl9h0U
Delhi Indie Project: https://www.facebook.com/foodforthoughtfest/videos/1817707208508741/